Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display of MvPart Parameters

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
dlewis
260 Views, 1 Reply

Display of MvPart Parameters

I have been trying to figure out why the Catalog Editor or Content Builder will not allow you to edit the "Visible" field for a created MvPart.  The only why I have been able to do this is edit the xml file directly.

I want to have the parameters appear in the Add Multi-view Parts dialouge box->details view without having to check the "Display/Hide additional part parameters" box.  This is how the standard MEP parts have been created.  See screenshot below

Capture.PNG

When you create an MvPart you get this.

Capture 1.PNG

All the connection information is included with the part but it is just not displaying here cause you can't set the Visible field to TRUE.

Any help as to how to do this without modifying the xml file directly would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Keith.Brown
in reply to: dlewis

Use the content builder instead of the catalog editor. It will allow you to change visibility. The catalog editor is more for modifying/adding data and not for changing the behavior of the part.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost