Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display inside Content Builder

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
nestly2
538 Views, 3 Replies

Display inside Content Builder

Using Content Builder inside MEP2013 / Piping workspace, 

1) How do you show the Constraints applied to OOTB parametric parts?  (ie Socket Weld Class 3000 Tee) 

2)  Is it possible to change the size / color of COLE Dimension objects?

3) Is it possible to turn on object visibility globally, or at least by object type.  It's a bit tedious to right click 30-40 individual objects in order to see how the parametric part is constructed.

Thanks

MEP Content Builder.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
nestly2
in reply to: nestly2

Another question for the guru's

What purpose does the Fixed Horizonal Reference line in a parametric part serve?   There seems to be one included in most of the OOTB parametric parts and usually has parallel constraints to the model geometry.  The obvious answer is that it's used to constrain the model, but can't the same thing be accomplished by simply 'fixing" the line in the model that's supposed to remain horizontal?

Fixed Ref Line.jpg

Message 3 of 4
pothied
in reply to: nestly2

I am not a content expert but I think that I can help a little here. You can't just "show" the constraints but you can "see" what objects are used in the constraints. If you turn off (not visible) all of the Modifiers and turn on (make visible) all of the geometry components, then when you pick on a constraint, the geometry that is involved will highlight in the Content Builder showing which objects are used for that constraint. Not ideal but it gets the idea across.

I do not believe that you can change the color or size of the dimension objects.

It is not possible to turn on/off a group of objects. You have to control them one at a time. I know that this is a long time wish list item but it hasn't been implemented yet.

Also, I'm not sure about the Fixed Horizontal Reference Line. It could be there just because the team that creates these parts likes to create them.

I hope this helps.

ContentBuilder.png

David Pothier

Message 4 of 4
nestly2
in reply to: pothied

Thank you for the reply

Constraints and visibilty aren't as usable as they could be, but I can accept that's just how it is for now.  It makes sense that the fixed horizontal line is just a standard  part of their "template" but I'd still be interested in some feedback from an experienced parametric part builder.

Re: Dimension.  I've discovered that Content Builder dimensions are "somehow" tied to the Dimstyle.  New COLE dimensions will inherit all settings except color from the current dimstyle, and REGEN will update existing COLE dimensions settings to the current dimstyle, but I haven't figured what's controlling the cyan color. 

If someone can fill in the blanks about the COLE dimension display, then I'll consider all my questions resolved.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost