Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device (block based parts) with predefine TAG, device ID or Attribute

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jaydee
404 Views, 4 Replies

Device (block based parts) with predefine TAG, device ID or Attribute

Hi
Im new to ABS and in the near future will be porting it to MEP2008.
My understanding is that the ABS devices could not possibly created with Attdef. and i think attributes in blocks been replaced with ID labels or TAG.
My question is, is there a way of creating the device with some kind editable text attache to the device just like the old attdef(attributes) attache to the block, and when adding device into the drawing and the (attribute like) come with the device so to avoid doubling the procedure by attached a separate tag to the device.
Any help of pointing to the right direction are greatly appriciated.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: jaydee

You will need to learn about the creation of Property sets, here is an overview of the process for a style based property set:

Open the Device Style Drawing for example "Lighting - Fluorescent (US Imperial).dwg"

Open the Style Manager

Create a Property Set that applies to Device Styles

Create Properties in the Property Set for the "attributes" you need

Open the Device Style in the Style Manager, on the General tab click on the button named property sets

Attach the property set and fill in any information you need

save and close the drawing

insert the device, the property set should come with the device with the information filled in and available for modification

The information attached to the object via the property set can now be referenced by a MvBlock (tag).

Drew
North Vancouver
Message 3 of 5
jaydee

Thankyou Drew for your advise.
I was given ABS2006 demo almost a year a go and still using Acad2005. What i learned from the demo was ABS could not demonstrate that devices can have TAG or label attached to it when making the device. and insisted that the only way is adding device to the drawing then attache or add TAG to the device. this to me seems to be very inefficient way of doing it.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

The TAG does have to be added manually, however if you add one to an object you can then right click and select multiple then select all of the other items to be tagged which is only 7 clicks I think, so in a building with a large number of Air tetminals you only need to tag one, then it will tag the rest of them with 4 more mouse clicks, if set up correctly the data can be very automatic with Auto-increment numbers and property sets attached to the style.

I dont think you can add the TAG to the MvPart, but then it does allow you to select different tags for different situations.

You can then also use the property set information for schedules.

Drew
Message 5 of 5
zaldy.agustin

and then if by chance the tag number is not properly assigned ( as the mvpart auto-increment will follow the order of mvpart/device insertion)...
you can then run the "propertyrenumberdata" at the command prompt to set the tag numbering accordingly as per your annotation requirement.

zaldy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost