Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detach Hangers

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
adamheon
686 Views, 3 Replies

Detach Hangers

Does anyone know how to detach a hanger from a pipe? I did it once but i'm unsure how it happen. 

When the hanger is detached it allows you to move the hanger and set an elevation without having to worry about chagning conduit elevations. 

I've tried to delete the conduit the hanger is on, but that will just delete the hanger too. I've tried to lock the hanger and than delete the conduit, that keeps the hanger in place but you can not move the hanger.

Any ideas?  

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Keith.Brown
in reply to: adamheon

In my experience dettaching a hanger from an object is not a supported workflow.  In other words when it happens it is not supposed to happen and therefore could be considered a bug.  I could be wrong but I have been unable to find how to do it manually.  If anyone else has please speak up!

Message 3 of 4
jcleghorn
in reply to: adamheon

The only way I know to detach the hanger is to explode the hanger. The block still remains on the first explode, but the reference to the pipe (conduit in my case) is taken away. I can then adjust the hanger separate from the conduit. I usually use cable tray to represent the width the hanger needs to be for initial modeling of a conduit rack.

Message 4 of 4
Keith.Brown
in reply to: jcleghorn

Exploding a hanger is definately not the same as detaching it.  Once you explode it once it is no longer a hanger it is a block reference.  Once it is a block reference it is no longer an AECB object and you will loose all property sets attached to the hanger as well as the ability to modify it using the the property palette.

If you want full control over all of your hangers then you should think about creating the hangers using mvparts or structural items.  The Aecb hangers for autocad mep are not really worth the trouble of messing around with.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost