AutoCAD MEP General Discussion

AutoCAD MEP General Discussion

mattgsi
Message 1 of 1 (223 Views)

Default Fitting Override - plumbing

223 Views, 0 Replies
02-06-2013 12:57 PM

I know this this was posted previously but there did not appear to ever be an answer and the posts date back to 2010 and prior.

I have all of the default fittings set for each "Plumbing System Definition".  However, when you go to draw piping, there are "Default Fitting Overrides" in the properies diaglog box and I can't find a way to turn them off to prevent from using the wrong fitting in the wrong system.  If you have to change this each time you draw a pipe, it completely defeats the purpose of creating a separate icon/command in the tool pallette for each different type of pipe with the pre-determined layer key styles, system definitions, etc.

I am using AutoCad MEP 2013, and apparently Autodesk didn't bother to create a manual to aid in the customization of the software.  Most, if not all of what I know about the customization comes from my experience with Autodesk Building Systems 2004.  If anyone can point me in the direction of a customization manual that will work for MEP 2013, that would be greatly appreciated as well.

Sorry for the long post.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD MEP Category!

The AutoCAD MEP forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.