Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default ctb file for out-of-the-box AutoCAD MEP configuration

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
cstruckmann
786 Views, 0 Replies

Default ctb file for out-of-the-box AutoCAD MEP configuration

Using the most appropriate ctb file can be a pain. Most companies had already their own version when they upgraded to or started using AutoCAD MEP; hence they needed to adjust the display configuration, layer keys, styles etc.

I was just wondering what ctb file to use with a default, blank, OOTB AutoCAD MEP configuration.

The template 'aecb Model (US Imperial) ctb.dwt' has the 'AIA Standard.ctb' file assigned; 

'aecb Model (US Imperial) stb.dwt' uses AEC Standard.stb. The same pattern applies to the metric templates.

Will using these files result in properly printed drawings with an OK lineweight in most people's opinion, or require still a lot of adjustment.

My experience is that 2 people never share the same opinion when it comes to the graphic quality of drawings, but using some random ctb/stb file could result in random thick/thin lineweights.

Because most people I know prefer ctb files, I'd like to ignore looking into stb files.

Thanks for anyone's feedback.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost