Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cylindrical Parametric mvParts - Rotation & Display Issue

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mdhutchinson
285 Views, 5 Replies

Cylindrical Parametric mvParts - Rotation & Display Issue

okay than... I tried these as mvParts.

Two questions:

Is there a way to default the rotation to zero so it doesn't prompt the user?

Why doesn't Cylindrical mvParts display correctly with rotations other than zero?

I checked and DISPSILH is set to 1.

FACETEDEFSURFACE is set to 0.1

I have to resort to setting ISOLINES to a high number to get more definition... however, these same shapes done as PipeFittings display just fine with DISPSILH set to 0.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Keith.Brown
in reply to: mdhutchinson

I am not sure about the display of cylinderical parts.  I have not experienced that myself.

There is no internal way to set the default rotation to zero.  The only way that I know using existing tools is to create a LISP command to insert the part and just set the rotation to zero that way.  Getting the LISP to navigate the heirachy of folders for the parts can be cumbersome but it is possible if you set up a folder structure that is unique for each type of part that you need to do this for.

Message 3 of 6
Keith.Brown
in reply to: Keith.Brown

On another note for most of my custom programs I have created a .NET routine that I use to insert mvparts.  Currently the command will ask the user for a rotation value and then insert the part.  I can modify the routine so that it will insert the part directly without asking for a rotation value.  I will also have to think about how it should choose the parts.  If you give me a set of criteria I can modify it to your specifications if you are interested. 

Message 4 of 6
Pothman

Mike - can you post your sample drawing here so I can take a look at this. It appears that when something is a pipe fitting, autoCAD MEP is going above and beyound to make the solid display nicely in wireframe but not doing that for MVParts. If you just create a cylnder in AutoCAD and rotate it, the behavior is similar to what you are seeing with the MVParts so I'm not sure if there is anything to be done to make them display better in wireframe. Do they display correctly when shaded (conceptual) and in sections?

Dave Pothier

Message 5 of 6
mdhutchinson
in reply to: Pothman

Here's a sample dwg.

Message 6 of 6
Pothman

The only issue that I see with this is that the MVParts are not displaying nicely in 3D views in wireframe. They look fine when shaded or even if you generate a 2D Section with them. I think that this is just a limitation for the display of the MVParts in wireframe.

Dave Pothier

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost