Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cvport

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Jermdawg
719 Views, 4 Replies

cvport

it seems that every time i place a multi-view block or start a plumbing/piping/duct line with out connecting to an object first, i get an error message that says "can not set system variable cvport". this pops up at least 2 or 3 times each occurance and is getting quite annoying
My questions:
How can I stop this from happening?
Why would this action require a change of the cvport system variable in the first place?!
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Jermdawg

Not sure what's going on, but I just had an AMEP user report that this happens to him as well. Exact same problem as you describe.

We did find, however, that it only happens when he's drawing duct/mvparts on a layout tab inside the viewport. The problem doesn't occur when he's in the Model tab.

Anyone have any ideas about what's going on?

-Brad
Message 3 of 5
Jermdawg

Ok, I have an update on this issue:
It seems that every time an object with a connection point is added (be it a mvpart or a schematic line etc.) auto cad attempts to cycle through each viewport on the current layout. This usually happens at the end of the command though some times occurs as you start the command as well. The error mentioned will be given for each viewport that is COMPLETELY off the screen. The issues therefore are:
1. Why does autocad feel it is necessary to cycle the viewports for these commands? (If autodesk sees this, please fix.)
2. Why can't a viewport be selected as current just because it is not visible on the monitor?
Message 4 of 5
Hahhah

Is there any update to this? I am having the same issue.
Message 5 of 5
rikkicarey

THIS is still driving me insane.... AutoCAD MEP 2010 any FIX?

(yes yes... one of these days we'll move to 2012.... when life slows just a Tad.... is this still going to drive me bonkers there?)

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost