AutoCAD MEP General Discussion

AutoCAD MEP General Discussion

ryandshilling
Message 1 of 2 (411 Views)

Custom Mv-Part Is not Displaying a (Flip) rotate node

411 Views, 1 Replies
03-08-2012 01:41 PM

We are creating clevis hangers and j-hangers using a 3D Block and MVPart creator. After going through the process and making the connectors "In-Line", placing the hanger on the pipe works using the anchor but the flip arrow or "node" is not an option. Please explain to me what could be causing this limitation and how i can fix it. 

ryandshilling
Message 2 of 2 (401 Views)

Re: Custom Mv-Part Is not Displaying a (Flip) rotate node

03-09-2012 09:02 AM in reply to: ryandshilling

I was able to get the flip grips to show once i changed the "how the part attaches to pipe" property to Break into pipe. Then went back into the same property and selected both anchor and break; Now it will ask how you want to attach to pipe and when anchor is selectected it will allow the mvpart to flip. 

My next question is: Can you specify a syatem and routing preference for one of the connectors on the mvpart? 

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD MEP Category!

The AutoCAD MEP forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!