AutoCAD MEP General Discussion

Active Contributor
mishka
Message 1 of 3 (843 Views)

CTRL-C, CTRL-V doesn't work!

843 Views, 2 Replies
09-24-2004 01:18 PM
Hello everybody!

When I create notes on my drawings I usually CONTROL-C (copy) and then CONTROL-V (paste) existing notes and then change them as I need to. In the attached drawing I can not do so because when I do CONTROL-V then the copied text shows up far away from the cursor and it is driving me insane. I have no idea why this is happening... It also happens when I try to tag multiple devices at once – all the tags appear far away from the devices.

Any suggestions on how to fix that?

This is the only drawing that has that problem…

Thanks,

Mike
*Emmanuel Garcia
Message 2 of 3 (843 Views)

Re: CTRL-C, CTRL-V doesn't work!

09-28-2004 05:41 PM in reply to: mishka
Mishka: Try the different options under the Edit pulldown menu, particularly, Copy with Base Point and then try different paste options until you get a desirable result. Regards from Los Angeles, Emmanuel mishka wrote: > Hello everybody! > > When I create notes on my drawings I usually CONTROL-C (copy) and then CONTROL-V (paste) existing notes and then change them as I need to. In the attached drawing I can not do so because when I do CONTROL-V then the copied text shows up far away from the cursor and it is driving me insane. I have no idea why this is happening... It also happens when I try to tag multiple devices at once – all the tags appear far away from the devices. > > Any suggestions on how to fix that? > > This is the only drawing that has that problem… > > Thanks, > > Mike
Active Contributor
mishka
Message 3 of 3 (843 Views)

Re: CTRL-C, CTRL-V doesn't work!

10-01-2004 08:11 AM in reply to: mishka
I tried that and it works but it is much simpler to use CTRL+c and CTRL+V. Plus CTRL+c and CTRL+V takes way less time to copy objects...

I firured that there is a problem with UCS system in this drawing but i don't know how to fix it. When i switch UCS to "WORLD" then CTRL+C and CTRL+V works just fine but then all the tags and symbols that i am trying to insert show up with an angle.

Just want to see if there is a problem with my UCS setup or if ABS5 has some kind of a UCS bug. The panel schedules are not inserted correctly at current UCS either...

Thanks for the reply ;o)

Mike
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD MEP Category!

The AutoCAD MEP forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.