Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating a custom tag for duct.....

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
cedwards777
1498 Views, 4 Replies

creating a custom tag for duct.....

i have been having issues in my attempt at making a custom tag in AMEP for my duct.  I am trying to make a tag that places the size of the duct above the bottom elevation, with the elevation line of text always using "BE=" before displaying the architectual measurement. 

can anyone give me any advice on this one?  thanks

an example of what it would resemble

24X24

BE=10'-0"

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Keith.Brown
in reply to: cedwards777

You might try following this series that I did on creating a duct custom elevation tag.  You can start the series at the link below.

http://www.cadengineeredsolutions.com/autocad_mep/creating-a-duct-elevation-tag-part-one/

I have attached a dwg where I made such a tag.  I just used the default property definitions that are in DuctObject and modified the Bottom of Duct property definition to read what you wanted. 

Message 3 of 5
Pothman

You can also find information on how to create a custom tag here:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-architecture/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcart...

Dave Pothier

Message 4 of 5
isaac_doucet
in reply to: Pothman

Neither of these methods seem to work for the 2015 version. Has something changed about how you get into the style manager? It isn't under the manage tab any more and the command promt isn't recognized 😞

Message 5 of 5
Keith.Brown

Both of these methods should work just fine in 2015. I just tried it.

It sounds like you are in AutoCAD and not MEP. What happens when you try another command like duct add or pipe add?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost