Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crashing while panning through iso view/

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
444 Views, 8 Replies

crashing while panning through iso view/

is anyone else crashing while panning through their iso view?

it happens to me 2 to 4 times a day.

If anyone has a suggestion (other than not doing that) please advise.

Thanks

Bil
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I used to have a problem where AMEP would crash if I tried to pan while using the 3D Orbit command. However, they seemed to have fixed it with one of their service packs (or, at least it doesn't happen anymore).

If you haven't already downloaded the last service pack(s) (product updates) from http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?siteID=123112&id=2334435&linkID=9240938#section1, I'd recommend doing so and seeing if that helps.

If you've already got them, then hopefully someone else can help you out!

-Brad
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

Brad,

thanks, I have the latest service pack installed already so it's not that. But what you described happens to me as well as just panning and it only happens 1 out of 4 times (or there abouts) so it's not consistent.

Thanks for the input.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous

As I've (preached) before, and not knowing your OP, I'll bank on it being your RAM. I had 4g and would crash if I even *thought* about 3Dorbit or the like. (I'm 2009 64 bit btw). Once I doubled my RAM... problems no more.

monitor your task manager and it will tell a story. the closer you get to your max...the sooner you crash (guaranteed!)
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

Good advice thanks.

I'm not all that computer savvy... I know the computer has 4g, but I guess it only uses 3.25g. I'm never really sure what that means or why.

we're running the 32 bit over here.

I'll watch the task manager.

Thanks again

bil
Message 6 of 9
abmeador

Have you tried changing your "viewres"?

Type it in at the command line.
Change its value to "100".
That should speed up your panning and zooming as well.
It is controlling how smooth lines are going to be.
If you have a lot of curves/circles that you have to see smooth, you'll want to set it back.

Maybe that will help?
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

You know... it's been so long since viewres has really been an issue, with the speed and power of Computers in 2000+ versus 1987 when I started using AutoCAD I really never thought of that as a option... I think I'll give it a try and see if it helps. Thanks for the thought.

Bil
Message 8 of 9
abmeador

Since we are searching for anything and everything to get our computers to run faster (except actually getting ram put in....sigh), that was one of the items we found.

There is also this that made opening dwgs faster:

Turn Off Digital Signature Checker:
Go to Windows explorer.
Right click on a .dwg.
Click on "Enable/Disable Digital Signature Icons".
A pop-up will appear.
Uncheck the box "Validate digital signatures and display special icons".
Then click "ok".
**this will sometimes get turned back on with updates from Windows.
Message 9 of 9
Mark_Richards

Happens occasionally if I accidentally hold shift while panning with the mouse wheel. I try not to do that.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost