Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Tool Palette on a different Computer

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
marco.defina
1739 Views, 5 Replies

Copy Tool Palette on a different Computer

Hello,

i created all the settings in the image below. It's a way to copy on an another Autocad MEP on a different computer?

I tried to copy the AcTpCatalog.atc and the ordner Palettes with no result.

In the other computer the catalog is named AcApCatalog.atc, possible beacuse it's another language?

1.JPG

BIM Manager - HVAC and Plumbing designer https://www.autodesk.it/content/dam/autodesk/www/products/responsive-imagery/responsive-badges-compare/2019/navisworks-manage-2019-badge-75x75.pngApp AutoCAD per dispositivi mobili premiumNavisWorks Simulate3ds Max___________________________________________________________________________
Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
VitalyF
in reply to: marco.defina

Hi,

You can not copy or move a palette familiar way, you must:

1)  copy the palette to catalog and publish it

find help "To Copy and Move Tools"

Palette_Publish.gif

2) Or share a palette on the local network or clouds

best regards

Vitaly

Message 3 of 6
Keith.Brown

Hi Marco,

So what is a tool palette?  Just a text file right?  To be more specific it is just a .xml file that describes the tool palette and the parts that are on it.  You can go to the tool palette file location and select all of the files that are needed by the tool palette (xml files and bmp files for images) and copy that set of folder(s) to another computer and the new computer will have the tool palettes.

That is exactly how i distribute my tool palettes to everyone that works for me.  I grab the folders and with the help of an install program (Advanced Installer) I create a setup program for everyone to run that basically just places the folder of tool palettes into a specific location on their pc

The only downside to this method is that the user must go into their tool palettes setup and assign the new tool palettes to a tool palette group.  Autodesk has not done a good job of exposing how to do this automatically other than the tool catalogs.  I do not like to use the tool catalogs as they can be buggy and do not always work.

Message 4 of 6
marco.defina
in reply to: Keith.Brown

is the same way i tried, but if i leave 2 link of toolpalette, for example: my on the server and the default on the computer, Autocad take everytime the default. So i canceled the default link and i setted only the server link, so work fine...

1.JPG

Only problem is that the computer in German have the tool palette in italian as my computer Smiley Happy

Thanks

BIM Manager - HVAC and Plumbing designer https://www.autodesk.it/content/dam/autodesk/www/products/responsive-imagery/responsive-badges-compare/2019/navisworks-manage-2019-badge-75x75.pngApp AutoCAD per dispositivi mobili premiumNavisWorks Simulate3ds Max___________________________________________________________________________
Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums.

Message 5 of 6
VitalyF

Hi Keith, Marco

Keith wrote

>>The only downside to this method is that the user must go into their tool palettes setup and assign the new tool palettes to a tool palette group.

For advanced users recommend using search and replace links to DWG files with Microsoft XML Notepad 2007 in atc files

Smiley Happy

Vitaly

Message 6 of 6
Keith.Brown
in reply to: VitalyF

Good Information Vitaly.  Thank you!

I prefer using Notepad++ for editing text files however because it works with so many formats and it is also free.  Free is always good.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost