Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting to older version loses text

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
330 Views, 2 Replies

Converting to older version loses text

I am using MEP 2009 and I have to back save for one of my clients to 2004. When I do I lose any annotated text. Mtext or Dtext is not lost, but duct sizing text is lost. Mtext is really screwed up until I explode it to Dtext and then it aligns itself again. Any fixes out there that anyone knows of? I have tried the TrueConvert program and that doesn't help.

Also, how do I change the size of text when annotating the dwg? It is twice the size that I want it to be. I cannot find the variable that allows me change it. I have removed the annotative text, going back to conventional text sizing, by scale, but that doesn't change the size of the text for the ducts. I have also changed the scale in the annotative box in the lower tool bar. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks. Edited by: StephenLilly3842 on Feb 24, 2009 3:08 PM
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Schmit01
in reply to: Anonymous

How are you converting the drawings. Are you using export to AutoCAD or the eTransmit?

You can control your annotation in the model with the "annotation scale" next to the display configuration. To control in in your viewport, right click on the viewport and select the annotation scale first! In your case 1:50 then select the Standard scale 1:100

Regards
Message 3 of 3
kenaslan
in reply to: Anonymous

Most likly they need to set proxyshow to 1 had a client that had the same problem OOTB proxyshow is set at 0 dont ask why I think it is an attempt to trick users into upgrading

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost