Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert to Mutiview Part

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
dennis
576 Views, 1 Reply

Convert to Mutiview Part

I created a tank using the Convert to MVPart command.  This is the only time I will ever use this tank, so went the short route.  But now I realized I needed to correct a Pipe Connector Diameter.  HOW do I get back into the MVPart now to change the connector diameter?  Modify MVPart wants to take me to the catalog which my tank is NOT in.  MVPart properties show the value but will not let me edit.  ANy help would be appreciated....

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Keith.Brown
in reply to: dennis

Well, bad news.....I believe your only choice is to explode the object down into a 3D solid and create the mvpart again.  Once you create a part via partconvert you cannot modify it.  While on the surface it sounds good to use part convert in reality you should always just create a catalog based part for this very reason.  The steps involved are almost identical and only takes a couple more minutes.

The good news for you is that you still have the 3D geometry so you will not need to recreate the geometry of the part.  Once you explode it down to a 3D solid it should only take a couple minutes to redefine the part. 

p.s.  make sure you dont' explode the part down to far into a surface.  MvParts should always be 3D solids and not surfaces.

Hope this helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost