AutoCAD MEP General Discussion

AutoCAD MEP General Discussion

t.vanskyock
Message 1 of 5 (312 Views)

Content Builder

312 Views, 4 Replies
08-21-2012 07:23 AM

Can anyone help me? I am trying to add connecters to my flanged piping, 1/16" to each flanged piece to account for my gaskets. I am having trouble adding a line that small, someone told me to create a larger line and then dimension it down, but I am having trouble with this. does anyone know how to do this?

*Expert Elite*
Keith.Brown
Message 2 of 5 (305 Views)

Re: Content Builder

08-21-2012 08:47 AM in reply to: t.vanskyock

Here is a link to an Autodesk University Class by Autodesk's very own Joshua Benoist.  If you are unfamiliar with Autodesk University then I would highly recommend that you sign up for a FREE accound and browse their classes.  The class by Joshua is all about content builder and how to use it.  In the downloads section there is a 168 page word document that walks you through every single step of building content.  Inside that document you will find everything that you need to fix your problem.

http://au.autodesk.com/?nd=class&session_id=7393

Hope this helps and gets you on the right track.  P.S.  The help file and the user guide also contain excellent material for content builder.  In addition Mastering Autocad MEP 20xx is available on Amazon.com and PaulAubin.com and is also an excellent read.

Keith Brown AutoCAD MEP BLOG | RSS Feed
AutoCAD MEP 2014 | Revit 2014 | EastCoast CAD/CAM V6.1 | Visual Studio 2013
────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate. Thank you!
t.vanskyock
Message 3 of 5 (302 Views)

08-21-2012 09:11 AM in reply to: Keith.Brown

Thanks Keith that sounds great, unfortunately when i try to sign up it says my email is already signed up so it try to get my password then it say it cant find my account with the same email address, awesome. and the help in MEP is not really any help at all. I got a new conection added, I just cant get it to go to 1/16"

t.vanskyock
Message 4 of 5 (299 Views)

08-21-2012 09:28 AM in reply to: t.vanskyock

I got it, sorry, getting a little frustrated with this thing. I cannot however find a downloads section I would like to get this 168 page manual about content builder, if anyone know where to find this

*Expert Elite*
Keith.Brown
Message 5 of 5 (294 Views)

08-21-2012 12:44 PM in reply to: t.vanskyock

Here is a direct link to download the document I was refering to. 

http://au.autodesk.com/?nd=material&session_material_id=10294

You will need to be logged in to download the document.

Keith Brown AutoCAD MEP BLOG | RSS Feed
AutoCAD MEP 2014 | Revit 2014 | EastCoast CAD/CAM V6.1 | Visual Studio 2013
────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate. Thank you!
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD MEP Category!

The AutoCAD MEP forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.