Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Content Builder Dimensions

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
bobbyg
632 Views, 3 Replies

Content Builder Dimensions

Hello!

I've been making MvParts in MEP for a couple of months. As I've progressed in my ability, I've come to realize the importance of using dimensions. Perhaps I've gone overboard, perhaps I'm a maniac--but that's beside the point. The majority of the time it's hard to see my model because of how many dimensions I have.

How do you guys deal with having over 9,000 dimensions? Are there any tricks to making easier to see?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Keith.Brown
in reply to: bobbyg

Wow!  9000 dimensions?  What piece of equipment are you modeling?  Of those 9000 dimensions how many are you flexing per piece of equipment?

To answer your question, how many planes do you have in your part?  You are able to select a dimension in the content builder tool palette, right click on it and hide it.  This way you can hide any dimensions that are not important to your current view.

dimension.jpg

Out of curiosity, could you upload a pic of the models you are creating?  I am just curios as to what piece of equipment will have 9000 dimensions.  I would say that in order to reduce the number of dimensions you could maybe break your mvpart into several different parts.

Message 3 of 4
bobbyg
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Oh, sorry, I was just joking about the 9,000 dimensions thing. It's a meme...you've never heard of it? http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/its-over-9000

Anyways, thanks for the tip. I tried making an entire plane invisible, but that only works on the plane itself, and not the things on the plane. I have about 45 dimensions right now.

Thanks again for the descriptive reply.

Message 4 of 4
gregg.stanley
in reply to: bobbyg

use isolate objects on the plane instead of visibility, then you can end object isolation and make everything visible / invisible. Look at our OOTB parts for examples. This is what we use.

Gregg

Gregg Stanley
QA Analyst
AEC
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost