Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to an existing fitting with different slope

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
611 Views, 2 Replies

Connecting to an existing fitting with different slope

If I have an elbow in a drawing that is not at a slope of 1/8" per foot and I add a run of pipe to it and put in that I want a 1/8" per foot it will act like it is drawing it as such, but will take the slope of the fitting.  I thought there was a way to have it drawn the slope I need.  Can someone help me out?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Keith.Brown
in reply to: Anonymous

After you select the fitting you will need to set your slope. Once you select a fitting MEP will adjust your settings to the fitting. This is why you need to adjust your settings for pipe after selecting the fitting but before you end the command.
Message 3 of 3
dbutts7
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Here's another quickie - if you're having a problem getting it to connect, select the ignore slope to connect option from the pipe layout tab. Sometimes, when you set the slope, and try to connect to something that's a little off, you can get an error - especially if you're trying to connect between two pipes. Try this out first to see if you can get the pipe to route.

If that still doesn't work, what pipe materials are you using (pvc, ductile iron, etc.)?

thanks - db

David A. Butts

Engineering Technology Manager - Gannett Fleming

Revit Certified Professional/Autodesk Certified Instructor

Revit, AutoCAD Architecture, MEP, Plant 3D, BIM Collaborate Pro Subject Matter Expert

The MEP BIM/CAD Engineer Blog

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost