Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conduit Tag: Cannot Select Object

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
421 Views, 3 Replies

Conduit Tag: Cannot Select Object

Objective:

• Add tag to conduit that displays conduit diameter and elevation.

-I want this tag to update if I change the conduit diameter and/or elevation.
         -I want the tag to be enclose in some sort of geometry (circle, box, hexagon, ect.) with a leader pointing from it, to the conduit it is representing.

-I want this tag to be displayed at the same elevation as the conduit.

Steps I've Tried:

-Annotate tab > Scheduling Panel > Tags > Electrical and Mechanical Equipment Tag.

Problem:

-After I complete the above steps the command line prompts: "Select object to tag", however when I click a conduit nothing happens -- the prompt still remains "Select object to tag". It seems AutoCAD is not recognizing the conduit.

Question:

-Does anyone know how to resolve this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

*I am very familiar with AutoCAD, but I have no experience with MEP.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Keith.Brown
in reply to: Anonymous

You are choosing an equipment tag to tag conduit with.  It is not going to allow you to do that. 

I would suggest that you review the four videos in the playlist in the link below.  The videos are by Autodesk and explain pretty well how objects, tags, schedules, and property sets work in AutoCAD MEP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfgesH1dJr0&list=PLsTrqxAkk1TWeB9n8iOITvSxfqQCOiqMU

When the first video is finished it should move right on to the next one.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Keith.Brown

KEY POINT: I put "tag" in quotes because I'm not sure that this is correct term for what I'm trying to do. I want to annotate conduit -- I explain below exactly what I'm trying to achieve.

Hey Keith, thanks for the response, I appreciate your input. I've watched the video series a few times, and I still do not know how to "tag" (annotate) conduit; the videos don't specifically cover this topic.

Can anyone tell me exactly how to achieve this:

Objective:

• Add "tag" to conduit that displays conduit diameter and elevation. I essentially want to annotate conduit so when I print in 2D, I can observe elevations and diameters.

-I want this tag to update if I change the conduit diameter and/or elevation.
         -I want the tag to be enclose in some sort of geometry (circle, box, hexagon, ect.) with a leader pointing from it, to the conduit it is representing.

-I want this tag to be displayed at the same elevation as the conduit.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

UPDATE:

I found under Home>Tools>Annotate>Bottom of Conduit, I can add a label that at gives me the elevation. However, it gives me the elevation in millimeter, and I need this dimension in feet and inches. Any suggestions?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost