Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conduit not displaying correctly

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
cwmccall
784 Views, 3 Replies

Conduit not displaying correctly

I'm at a loss.  Please take a look at the attached screen shot.

Does anyone have a clue why conduit is displaying as boxes?

(MEP 2011)

Thanks

~Chuck

) It's just as easy to do it right as it is to do it wrong (
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Leon-Biohazard
in reply to: cwmccall

You'd better upload a drawing, I can't understand it by looking this picture.

Message 3 of 4

were all of the conduits created with the same program and version?

if they were created with an external program you may need an object enabler installed.

Message 4 of 4

Same version.  I did get a response from Autodesk.

Contrary to what they say the reason is - I did create the drawing using the ACE B Imperial.dwt.  The drawing was fine at one point.  I removed some "working" xref's, saved, reopened the file and you saw what I saw..... panic.  Why was only a portion of the drawing messed up? Whow knows, but here's their fix...and it worked:

The sample file was not made from our AutoCAD MEP template "AecB Model (US Imperial Ctb).dwt."  Our template has all the supporting objects, part sizes, settings, displays, styles, systems, etc that are needed to draw our objects. 

Start a new drawing from our MEP template.  In this new drawing, off to one side draw a 1/4" conduit segment, with elbow and tee, thru 6" sizes.  The conduit objects in your original file will have blank styles that need to be overwritten.  By adding the sizes to the new file, the styles will be "in use" and cannot be overwritten by the originals from your file.  We are going to copy the original objects from your file, into this new file and do not want the original blank styles to follow.  Your conduits will assume the "in use" styles, from the new file.  This will allow you to pick up where you left off, and draw in sizes down beyond 1". 

Copy your original objects to the clipboard, (Ctrl A) to select all, then (Ctrl C) to copy to clipboard.  Switch to the new file, containing the conduit off to one side.  Then (Ctrl V) to paste from clipboard.  Type in 0,0 to set the insertion point to the origin.  Feel free to delete the temporary segments, elbow and tees that you drew off to one side.  Your objects should now draw properly.  They may change color because they are now using the MEP styles that we need.

Please let me know your impression on the above material and if this helps.  Have a great day.

Best regards,

~Chuck

) It's just as easy to do it right as it is to do it wrong (

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost