Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conduit Fitting Modify (Bend Radius) 911!!! autodesk help

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
pauros_78
1472 Views, 9 Replies

Conduit Fitting Modify (Bend Radius) 911!!! autodesk help

Is there a setting in the part catalog or otherwise in MEP that will allow me to edit the R1 value for a conduit elbow.

These elbows can be bent with various radius' I had been able to change this on another instllation of MEP but I think I may have a setting, or part catalog that needs to be changed to allow me to be able to modify this value.

In my part catalog there is a formula for the R1 value. I want this value to be user defined, how do I do this?

any suggestions would be apprciated.

Thanks,

-Paul
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
xincao
in reply to: pauros_78

Hi Paul

Please refer to http://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=6121550, we will also count your requirement and will consider the improvement later.

Thanks / Justin Cao
Product Designer of AutoCAD MEP Edited by: xincao on Sep 28, 2009 6:03 AM
Justin
Product Designer of AutoCAD MEP
Message 3 of 10
pauros_78

The link provided in your response did not work. Please repost I am intrested.

Thanks,

Paul
Message 4 of 10
mradamdavis

I am also having this problem and I have asked my reseller for support on this issue. I specify what angle I want my elbow to be and then draw my conduit, however MEP still creates it using the default 15 degree increments. This has halted my work on a project because I cannot make any conduit runs that are different than 15 degrees. I have changed every preference and still no luck. I hope that there is something out there that will help us.

Adam
Message 5 of 10
mradamdavis

did you turn your compass snap off?
Message 6 of 10
Martin__Schmid

That URL was broken for me too... hmm.. anyway, perhaps the attached .PDF will help.

Martin Schmid
Product Line Manager
Mechanical Detailing and Electrical Design
Architecture, Engineering, and Construction
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 10
pauros_78

Thanks for the tip.

I had found this PDF elsewhere as well and it did work.

I have to wonder why autodesk has not taken the time to create a formula with constraints that would allow the user to define the radius of the elbow if necessary but still be constrained to "real life" capabilities based on diameter and material.

I guess for now we will have to try to modify the catalog on an "as needed" basis.

Thanks again for the reply if I had not found this already it would have been my answer.

-Paul
Message 8 of 10
cparvez

Thanks for the pdf! I have seen it other places, but you made it easy to find. I tried using the steps to make the change... I also pipe sizes to the correct outside diameter... but it just isn't enough. I need it to give me the correct radius as well as the correct exterior pipe diameter and label the pipe with the trade size without having to edit every piece of pipe and fitting that I use. It seems like a simple thing to do. Change the D1 column to the correct sizes... then add a couple of columns one for the correct radius as they vary with size... and the other to atleast give the user a trade size definition when they look in their properties for the conduit... I have gotten crazy results! I am to my wits end with this. I know it is a rant, but why hasn't AutoDesk addressed this issue. It has been an on going user complaint for years. Has anyone gotten this thing to work?
Message 9 of 10
Martin__Schmid

As you have found, conduit and fittings don't currently have the ability to define nominal diameter and actual dimaeter (as is the case with pipe). As the world moves to more 3D model coordination this has become an issue. We are aware of customer needs, and will review this functionality and prioritize accordingly.

Thank you for your comments.
MS

Martin Schmid
Product Line Manager
Mechanical Detailing and Electrical Design
Architecture, Engineering, and Construction
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 10 of 10
mradamdavis

This is a great PDF, perhaps an offset command for conduit would accomplish the same thing...please

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost