Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conduit Catalog - Bent vs Elbow?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
smbrennan
298 Views, 3 Replies

Conduit Catalog - Bent vs Elbow?

Does anyone know what the difference is between "Bent Conduit" and "Conduit Elbow" ????

I've been modeling conduit for 6 years now, and I've never come across a reason to use one or the other. Then again - I never dove into it other than modifying minimum radius values and considering a couple of other values.

Thanks,

Shawn

Shawn B.

||    
To help improve Autodesk Products, please Click Here to Vote for ideas and submit your own.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
smbrennan
in reply to: smbrennan

With a quick test of my own, I see that by enabling Polar Tracking, using Bent Conduit I can change the bend angles with increments of 1 (probably better for emulating PVC), whereas Conduit Elbow does not allow for this. But then again, the Constant Lists is controling the degrees and Bent Conduit has 1-180, whereas Conduit Elbow has common bend angles.

Shawn B.

||    
To help improve Autodesk Products, please Click Here to Vote for ideas and submit your own.
Message 3 of 4
Pothman
in reply to: smbrennan

The idea behind the two options is that bent conduit is supposed to allow freedom of creating odd angles that you would create in the field using a bending tool on a segment of conduit whereas a conduit elbow is supposed to represent a purchased fitting that only comes in standard angles.

Dave Pothier

Message 4 of 4
smbrennan
in reply to: Pothman

That's what I was thinking as I was playing around with it.

Is there any difference in scheduling? I haven't gotten that far with it.

Shawn B.

||    

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost