Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chaniging pipework linetype representaion at various levels.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
s.lawrence
705 Views, 3 Replies

Chaniging pipework linetype representaion at various levels.

Hi,

I've had our engineers asking me if we can have pipework which is at certain levels ie) in a ceiling void, at high level or under the floor shown as a different linetype. I've found the answer for the Revit side of it:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Revit-MEP/Change-pipe-line-type-with-invert-level/td-p/355782...

Pleaseeee tell me there's one for MEP? It's starting to cause a fair bit of confusion on site!

Thanks,

Stu

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Keith.Brown
in reply to: s.lawrence

What you are looking for is called display by elevation.  The help file has an excellent description on how to use and activate it.  One word of caution is that it needs to be activated in every drawing that is being used.  i.e.  in all xrefs that a drawing references.

Message 3 of 4
s.lawrence
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Hi Keith,

Many thanks for this! Is there a quick way of applying this to just pipework? At the moment I enable 'Display by Elevation' and every service changes linetype. Admittedly I haven't had chance to delve into the help file, I will do when I get a spare 5 minutes!

Many thanks,

Stu

Message 4 of 4
Keith.Brown
in reply to: s.lawrence

To have this just apply to piping you will need to adjust the display properties of all other AEC objects to display the same through each range of elevations.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost