Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog update every startup

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
dehodson
880 Views, 3 Replies

Catalog update every startup

I used the catalog editor to create a custom catalog of VAV boxes in MEP 2014 and then saved and regenerated the catalogs. However, every time I start AutoCAD, I get a message that my catalogs have been modified and need to be regenerated. Regenerating is simple enough and only takes a few seconds, but it's a nuisance to have to do this every time I use MEP. Is there a step I missed when creating the custom MvParts catalog?

-David

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
nestly2
in reply to: dehodson

I ran into that when I first started messing with catalogs, but I can't recall what I did to fix it. 

Perhaps check the Shared Content Path:  C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\MEP 2013\enu\Shared\

Message 3 of 4
pothied
in reply to: dehodson

When you created your custom catalog, did you include any of the out of the box content in your custom catalog? If so, then you have duplicate part IDs in the two catalogs and this is what is causing the regen each time. Try removing any duplicate parts from the custom catalog.

David Pothier

Message 4 of 4
dehodson
in reply to: pothied

That did it. I edited the VAV boxes that I copied over, so that changed the part IDs and those were fine. However, when I copied the reheat coils I didn't change them at all, which is where I had the duplicate part IDs. Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost