Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

catalog editor

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
mjmpe
1284 Views, 7 Replies

catalog editor

How come when I open my catalog editor there is nothing in there? I then did the path of

C\PROGRAM DATA\AUTODESK\MEP2013\ENU\MEPCONTENT\USI\PIPE.........looked in there and there was nothing....no pipe? is my program missing its catalog?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ratherBfishing
in reply to: mjmpe

Can someone please answer this?

I am having the same issue. Nothing comes up in my catalog editor. I am running MEP 2015

Message 3 of 8

When I path to the files through my computer I can see the files just fine. When I go through catalog editor there is nothing shown. It is searching for .apc file. My tool pallets works fine and I can insert equipment from the catalog but when I open catalog editor to edit a part it does not give me anything to work with.

I am just looking to edit the size of a tank.

Thanks!

Message 4 of 8

Did you open a catalog?  It should open a .apc file.  The default ones are located at C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\MEP 20XX\enu\MEPContent\USI\MvParts.  

Catalog Editor.jpg

Once you do you should have lots of parts to edit depending on what the catalog contains.

Catalog Editor2.jpg

Message 5 of 8

Thanks for the response Keith! Ill attach a screen shot that should help.

My path to the folder from autocad mep 2015 is this:

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\MEP 2015\enu\MEPContent\USI\MvParts\Mechanical\Tanks

I take the same path from my computer and the folder shows .dwg files but no .apc files.

window on the left is from autocad, window on the right is from my computer.

Also, there is no programdata folder in my c drive. I have to path to it manually in order to get it.

Thanks!

Nick

Capture.PNG

Message 6 of 8

Oops I went one folder too deep.. I over looked the .apc file in the main mvpart folder

Thanks for the response, I am all set now

Message 7 of 8

First go into your folder options and select the Show hidden files, folders, and drives.  This will allow you to see the program data folder.

Folder Options.jpg

Second you are looking for the catalog file in the part file location.  You will never find it there.  A catalog is a container for all of your parts.  You need to look in the folder location that I posted.  Or if you are using your links then look in the C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\MEP 2015\enu\MEPContent\USI\MVParts.  The catalog file will be located there.

Folder Location.jpg

Tags (1)
Message 8 of 8
Keith.Brown
in reply to: Keith.Brown

I was a little late with my post.  Glad you got it fixed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost