Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get a plumbing riser automatically from my plans?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Stephm419
703 Views, 8 Replies

Can I get a plumbing riser automatically from my plans?

Can I get a plumbing riser automatically from my plans? I don't want to do the work twice?
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pverduzco
in reply to: Stephm419

I dont understand the question but do you mean draw a riser on your plan from floor to ceiling? if so
Add system, click location, elevation 0, to Elevation that is needed. Hope this helps
Message 3 of 9
abmeador

This is not my field...so don't throw anything at me if this is an ignorant statement....

Can you just cut a section and use that?
Message 4 of 9
jmorris_SHA

I'm working on the same problem for my firm right now. I can't seem to get the program to show vertical risers in 3D view in single-line format. This is the most frustrating thing I've seen in a long time--as if Autodesk has not spoken to anyone who designs this stuff in the A&E industry everyday.
Message 5 of 9
mike.gustus

I am not sure about doing it with plumbing, but with electrical I can do what you are trying to do by switching to the 3D view that you want (front or isometric etc...) then changing the visual style to MEP Schematic. Looks like a single-line riser, the labels even rotate to match the view...
Message 6 of 9
jmorris_SHA

I tried that and still no luck. This thing just refuses to draw a line on the z-axis in plumbing.

Thanks for the tip, though. It helped me learn some other things about display configurations.
Message 7 of 9
mike.gustus

If you want, email me a sample file (or attach it to this thread if you can) of what you are working with and I will mess around with it and see if I can figure it out.
Message 8 of 9
jmorris_SHA

Sending email. I wasn't allowed to attach the file to my reply.
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

jmorris_SHA wrote:
> Sending email. I wasn't allowed to attach the file to my reply.

Plumbing is 2D only with no way to automatically generate isometrics. If
you want 3D plumbing, it has to be set up in piping.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost