Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build Panel Customization

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
jonnathanames
1007 Views, 8 Replies

Build Panel Customization

My build panel used to contain conduit and cable tray buttons, but it now contains duct and pipe buttons. I didn't change anything, this just appeared one day. How can I change it back?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Keith.Brown
in reply to: jonnathanames

You are probably in the pipe or HVAC workspace. Try changing back to the electrical workspace.
Message 3 of 9
jonnathanames
in reply to: Keith.Brown

I've lost my workspace toggle in the bottom right as well. All I see is "standard" or "medium detail".

Message 4 of 9
Keith.Brown

Try changing the WSCURRENT variable. I think that's the right one. I'm not at PC so I cannot check.

As far as missing the buttons. It is probably the little Gear in the lower right corner
Message 5 of 9
jonnathanames

Hey Keith using WSCURRENT then typing "electrical" fixed my problem. Thanks alot, I really appreicaiate all the help you provide to this forum.

One more question, but I don't want to start a new thread. I have many projects created in AutoCAD 2012, but our company recently switched to 2013. When I open these 2012 projects in 2013, conduits created in 2012 look phyisically larger than conduits created in 2013 even though they have the same nominal diameter. Moreover, when using 2013 I cannot change the nominal diameter of the conduits created in 2012. Is there a way to correct this?

Again, thanks for the help Keith.

Message 6 of 9
Keith.Brown

Have you tried loading your 2012 catalog into 2013 to see if you can then modify the conduit? I am not that familiar with the electrical package but it sounds like they might have modified the catalogs and possibly changed the GUIDs of the parts which would explain not beinG able to modify the part.
Message 7 of 9
jonnathanames

How would I load the 2012 content package into 2013? I'm just learning MEP..

Message 8 of 9
Keith.Brown

Options->MEP Catalogs. Make sure you move the 2012 catalogs to the top of the list. MEP will only recognize the first part it finds when there are duplicates.

Make sure to remove the catalogs when you are done testing. You don't want the old catalogs loaded if they are indeed different than the new ones.

And maybe someone that is familiar with this issue will pop in.
Message 9 of 9
jonnathanames

I changed the catalog to 2012 and I'm still unable to change the older version of conduit. I can't even tell if anything changed when I changed catalog.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost