Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broad Project Setup question

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
justindoyle
225 Views, 1 Reply

Broad Project Setup question

Those more experienced than myself:

I'm currently doing a trial MEP project for my firm using ABS 2004. In the course of this project, i am to determine how drawing files integrate to allow a whole team shift into ABS 2004.

Question: How do other people setup drawing files? For instance, we obviously get a floor plan from an architect or other, which will be a seperate file. Then i have the mechanical, electrical, lighting, and plumbing sheets which XREF the floor plan. How should i link the files to provide, for instance, air handlers duct, pipe, and electrical connections.

Do people insert these devices manually in each sheet? What happens when you move the mechanical system? Do you then check the other sheets to correctly represent the equipment location?

XREFing the heck out of all these drawings make load and regen times huge, and difficult to manipulate these MVParts.

Please note that i am accustomed to using LT 2000, so this is a huge leap for me. I've read the manual cover to cover (mostly) and it doesn't really address the recommended practice for this like it does "how to layout a plumbing schematic system".

Thanks in advance,
Justin
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: justindoyle

Hi Justin -

Please take a look in the help files for drawing management. This will give
you a fairly good idea of some ways to help you manage your xrefs.

jason

"justindoyle" wrote in message
news:f17a414.-1@WebX.maYIadrTaRb...
> Those more experienced than myself:
> I'm currently doing a trial MEP project for my firm using ABS 2004. In the
course of this project, i am to determine how drawing files integrate to
allow a whole team shift into ABS 2004.
>
(snip)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost