AutoCAD MEP General Discussion

AutoCAD MEP General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
tonyatrsm
Message 11 of 15 (178 Views)

Re: Borrowed License Issues

12-03-2012 08:14 AM in reply to: tonyatrsm

Somewhere all my messages aren't getting to you. I guess you don't get the ones when I reply to your email from my Outlook inbox? The unseccesful ping was just because I thought I was supposed to put the brackets around our server name. After I figured that out I was able to get a succesful ping. Are these files you're asking for on the server itself? Maybe I need to get our IT company talking to you because I am not able to access all files on the server and they are the ones that set up the license in the first place. I tried going to them for help and they gave up and told me uninstall and reinstall the software, which I tried with no luck.

tonyatrsm
Message 12 of 15 (176 Views)

12-03-2012 09:06 AM in reply to: alison.gangler

Alison,

What is the possibility of setting my PC up as the license server? That way we don't have to go thru our IT company every time we have a problem since they are over an hour away and apparently know little more than I do about the license set up. I have missed being able to take the laptop to two meetings in the field now and the only resolution I got from them was to uninstall and reinstall the software, which didn't work. By the way, I noticed on the LICPATH.LIC file in the MEP folder on the laptop C drive the top line had our server name with just a bunch of zeros after it. I looked at an old license file and it had an IP address so I copy/pasted that in the new file and actually got to where MEP opened but got an error that License Manager was installed incorrectly.

Employee
alison.gangler
Message 13 of 15 (173 Views)

12-03-2012 02:23 PM in reply to: tonyatrsm

That would certainly be a possiblity. Please check out the Quick Start Guide for the links to get the Network License Manager:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/11/quick-start-setting-up-a-license-server.html

This guide also has instructions how you can generate the license file for your workstation at www.register.autodesk.com. You will need to have the serial numbers and your HostName and HostID of the workstation.

Here are the install and Configuration instructions as well:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=14379546&linkID=9240617

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=13503006&linkID=9240697

Please let me know if I can help you further and I will be happy to do so.

Cheers,

Alison

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Alison Gangler
IPG - ICP Install Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

tonyatrsm
Message 14 of 15 (167 Views)

12-04-2012 04:49 AM in reply to: tonyatrsm

HostName being the name of my PC and HostID being the IP address?

Employee
alison.gangler
Message 15 of 15 (162 Views)

12-04-2012 06:40 AM in reply to: tonyatrsm

Hi,

The HostName is the Machine Name and the HostID is the physical address or MAC adress. The following solution provides the steps on how you can gather this:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=16485462&linkID=9240617

Please let me know if this helps or if I can help you with any other questions.

Cheers,

Alison

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Alison Gangler
IPG - ICP Install Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD MEP Category!

The AutoCAD MEP forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!