Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Booleen Model Add Subtract Modifiers (Autocad MEP 2011)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
saidriad71
941 Views, 2 Replies

Booleen Model Add Subtract Modifiers (Autocad MEP 2011)

HI everybody,

Program documentation refers to 6 modifiers in the chapter on creating parametric parts.

I cannot seem to access the Boolean Add and Subtract modifier when in Content Builder.

The documentation references selection of objects - not the modifiers or geometry available in generating the part.

Am i missing something? how are boolean accessible "objects" included? inserted? ....

Thank a lot for any help you could provide for me.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
saidriad71
in reply to: saidriad71

Hello everyone,

The only way I found to use booleen model add subtract modifiers is to create or modify a primitive.

Is this an oversight or a programming error from Autodesk's developer?

Thank a lot for any help you could provide for me.
Message 3 of 3
Keith.Brown
in reply to: saidriad71

Boolean add and subtract definately works as intended.  If you have two or more solids in your parametric part Boolean add will make them appear as one solid inside of your construct.  For instance is you have three cylinders that are the same size stacked on top of each other then without the add command you will see the defining lines between them.  With the add command your objects will appear as one.  A cylindar is a primative but it will work with any object that you create.  Subtract works the same way but will remove the object from the display.  I have included three pictures of the same object.  One is normal, in one i have used the add command to add the "cylinders" together and in the third I used the add command to remove some of the middle cylinders.

NormalAdd.jpg

Subtract.jpg

I hope this helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost