Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block Redefine Issue

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
scrupul0us
397 Views, 4 Replies

Block Redefine Issue

I have a page of just blocks that I can call into play using Ctrl + 2 and then dragging and dropping into my drawing

I dropped a diffuser anno tag into the drawing and proceeded to use it about 300 times (copy paste)... Once I printed I saw that the line weights on the attributes was set to 0mm and was not right. So, I went back to my master blocks sheet, made the edits, purged and saved...

I then Ctrl + 2, navigated to that page again, refreshed the blocks and then right clicked and choose redefine only...

Nothing happens... all the blocks stayed with improper line weights

When i do insert and redefine, the new block inserted has the proper line weights but the existing do not update

Any ideas besides editing the attribute values on EACH instance individually?

MEP 2008 SP1
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: scrupul0us

try going to "battman" and use the "Sync" option on the attributes

scrupul0us wrote:
> I have a page of just blocks that I can call into play using Ctrl + 2 and then dragging and dropping into my drawing
>
> I dropped a diffuser anno tag into the drawing and proceeded to use it about 300 times (copy paste)... Once I printed I saw that the line weights on the attributes was set to 0mm and was not right. So, I went back to my master blocks sheet, made the edits, purged and saved...
>
> I then Ctrl + 2, navigated to that page again, refreshed the blocks and then right clicked and choose redefine only...
>
> Nothing happens... all the blocks stayed with improper line weights
>
> When i do insert and redefine, the new block inserted has the proper line weights but the existing do not update
>
> Any ideas besides editing the attribute values on EACH instance individually?
>
> MEP 2008 SP1
Message 3 of 5
scrupul0us

PERFECT... thanks man
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Glad to help 🙂

scrupul0us wrote:
> PERFECT... thanks man
Message 5 of 5
Dj_T_Rex2002

I kind of have the same issue. However, I know that there is a way to Right click and drag the block from the Design Center into your drawings and will ask if you want to "Insert as Block" ... but now on this new machine it just says "Insert Here" ... I like having the Insert as Block becasue then it can give you the option to redefine if you make changes to your block. Help please?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost