Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bitmap Images Disappear

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
WICK
363 Views, 3 Replies

Bitmap Images Disappear

I have been running into a problem with my custom toolbuttons. every time I open AutoCAD, my buttons turn into question marks. In earlier releases, they used to turn into smilie faces. I have been able to some way get around this in the past. I cant get these buttons to keep the bitmap images that I have assigned to them. I have all my Icons saved in one folder, I even mapped the folder through the options support file search path. what do I need to do to make these buttons remember the images?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: WICK

Edit your MNS extension menu file, go down to the sections in question, make sure your actual bitmap file names are being referenced: unless you do this specifically, AutoCAD always creates temp files instead and forgets where they are... . -- Dean Saadallah Add-on products for LT http://www.pendean.com/lt --
Message 3 of 4
Matt__W

Sounds like you've done everything right. The only things I could suggest is to

1) Open the MNS file in Notepad and verify what icon is being used. If need be, change the text to reflect your icon (*.BMP file).
2) Delete the MNC and MNR files associated with that menu and let ACAD recompile the MNS file.

Hope this helps!

~ Matt W

Matt Wunch
Revit Subject Matter Expert/sUAS Pilot

Twitter | LinkedIn

AU2017 - Code Blue Dr Revit - How to Resuscitate Corrupt Revit Models

Was this answer helpful? If so, please click the ACCEPT AS SOLUTION or the KUDO button.

Message 4 of 4
WICK

I went through my mns file and edited the file to the proper bmp files. I noticed that most of my custom buttons had the bmp's listed twice within the line, while others had the bmp listed once followed by a RCDATA...
EXAMPLE:
ID_UserButton_8 [_Button("External Reference", "XREF.bmp", "XREF.bmp")]^C^C_xref

ID_UserButton_0 [_Button("Device Count", "BLOCK-COUNT.bmp", "RCDATA_16_BLANK")]^C^Cvbaload;vbarun;

My question is, should I change the RCDATA text to match the bmp file name?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost