Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatically selection of Route preference in function of the system

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
marco.defina
569 Views, 3 Replies

Automatically selection of Route preference in function of the system

Hello,

i created my system preference, route preference and Label preferences.

My question is: when i change the system it's possible that the program select the default material and label?

Example when i select steam automatically change the material in Iron, or when i change in water automatically change in Plastic...

A image that indicate what i will in one click:

Sistema.gif

BIM Manager - HVAC and Plumbing designer https://www.autodesk.it/content/dam/autodesk/www/products/responsive-imagery/responsive-badges-compare/2019/navisworks-manage-2019-badge-75x75.pngApp AutoCAD per dispositivi mobili premiumNavisWorks Simulate3ds Max___________________________________________________________________________
Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Keith.Brown
in reply to: marco.defina

Hi,

You can get the functionality that you want if you start your pipe add command from a tool palette tool.  The tool palette tool will automatically set these values for you based on what you preset them too.  You can copy one of the out of the box tools and use it as a base line.  Right click on it, copy it, and then go to properties and set it up the way that you want.  

You can start with a tool from the pressure pipe palette.  Copying anyone of these will get you what you need.  Below is a picture of what the properties look like and the available settings that you can preset.  The same information is true for other mep objects also such as duct, conduit, and cabletray.

pipe tool palette.png

Message 3 of 4
marco.defina
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Ok here i can set the property, but in tool palette i have standard routing preference. I set all my system preferences in Style management IMAGE 1, but i don't find in tool palette IMAGE 2.

I think i need to modify the "system preference(Global).dwg" file. IMAGE 3

Or it's sufficient to change this file with my personal template (dwt). I see it works fine.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

BIM Manager - HVAC and Plumbing designer https://www.autodesk.it/content/dam/autodesk/www/products/responsive-imagery/responsive-badges-compare/2019/navisworks-manage-2019-badge-75x75.pngApp AutoCAD per dispositivi mobili premiumNavisWorks Simulate3ds Max___________________________________________________________________________
Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums.

Message 4 of 4
Keith.Brown
in reply to: marco.defina

It's better to use your file. It makes it easier when upgrading.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost