Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad MEP Wishlist- tooltip context Customization

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Cadmariner
461 Views, 1 Reply

Autocad MEP Wishlist- tooltip context Customization

I would like to have an added capability to the mouse over/ or hover tooltips. Please add the ability to change the context of information to the tooltip.

For example:

I would like to hover over a line, polyline, or other standard object and get specific information other than the layername. I would like to see the length, radius, or z value of that object, and I would like to have the capability to change what values are shown in the tooltip similar to the quick properties palette allows.

6-7-2013 8-14-44 AM.jpg

Other object types that would I would like to add to the list that would have this capability could extend to AEC objects, 3D  solids. When hovering over a conduit or wall you could receive the length. I would also like to get the length of run of connected conduits that I select with the "select connected objects":

6-7-2013 7-56-29 AM.jpg

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Keith.Brown
in reply to: Cadmariner

Some of this information is available out of the box.  Go into the CUI editor and click on Rollover Tooltips.  Here you can customize SOME but not all of the items on your wishlist.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost