Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AUTOCAD MEP, EQUIPMENT SCALE PROBLEM, TOO BİG EQUIPMENTS !!!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
dnzrgvn
2159 Views, 8 Replies

AUTOCAD MEP, EQUIPMENT SCALE PROBLEM, TOO BİG EQUIPMENTS !!!

when i insert equipments to my plan, i obtain too big equipments. For example, architectural plan is in centimeters, when  calculate the widht of a door it says 90 , but in cm of course. When i insert a water closet and calculate the widht of the closet it says 500, it is 500 but in mm. we all know that it is 500 mm, but autocad inserts the closet as if it is 500 cm. I couldn't solve this problem , please help me

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Leon-Biohazard
in reply to: dnzrgvn

Which version are you using? MEP 2010 or 2011?

Message 3 of 9
dnzrgvn

i am using MEP 2011

Message 4 of 9
Leon-Biohazard

I tried but no error found, could you upload a drawing.

Message 5 of 9
dnzrgvn

line is 90 cm but closet is 500 cm it must be 500mm or 50 cm for the drawing

Message 6 of 9
Leon-Biohazard

Hi, I checked the unit of drawing you upload, but I found it's millimeters. please find the picture I shot.

I also change the unit of the drawing from mm to cm, then rescale them. I found it's OK.

Do you draw MEP objects based on architectrual drawings? If yes, I think it will be no problem

But if you xref architectrual drawing whose unit is cm, but MEP drawing is mm, I am afraid you will get wrong scaled objects.

So be sure to make both drawings unit same.

Message 7 of 9

Sorry, I forgot the picture.

Message 8 of 9
dnzrgvn

allright , everthing is solved. It is all arhitect's fault :).  i need to scale the whole plan by 10 . Thank you by the way.

Message 9 of 9
jjpenagos

Hi there,

I'm sorry, but recently I had the same problem and I checked the equivalent scale between architectural drawing (attached as a XREF) and my model space, and the problem cuntinues.

Intially I got to select a pump and the scale was succesfull, but after, when I select a  water closet, the drawing is hudge ( is the same situation as you said before).

I appreciate your soon answer, to help me to solve this scale problem.

Thanks and kind regards.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost