Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AUTOCAD MEP DRWG STEEL

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mjmpe
1087 Views, 2 Replies

AUTOCAD MEP DRWG STEEL

I AM USING AUTOCAD MEP 2013. I WANT TO DRAW SOME STEEL IN MY DRWG. DOES THIS PROGRAM OFFER ANYTHING LIKE THAT? OR HOW WOULD I GO ABOUT LOADING IT AND WHERE WOULD I GET IF FROM IF I WAS TO LOAD IT MYSELF?

THANK YOU

MAUREEN

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Keith.Brown
in reply to: mjmpe

The first place i would start is the Help file.  If you would do a search of the help file or even google it there is a wealth of information to be had.

You will need to look at a couple of commands.

BeamAdd

ColumnAdd

These commands will add a structural style horizontally and vertically.  Steel like everything else in MEP is based on a style.  You will need to have a certain style in your drawing in order to represent the beam or column correctly.  You can add styles to your current dwg by using the structural catalog.  You can start the catalog dialog with the _AecsMemberCatalog command.  Select the style you want and it will add it to your current drawing.  You can create your own custom styles manually or by using the Structural style wizard accessed with the _AecsMemberStyleWizard.

Hopefully this will get you started drawing steel components in Autocad MEP.

Message 3 of 3
Keith.Brown
in reply to: Keith.Brown

I forgot to mention that you need to have the architectural module installed also.  If you don't have it installed you can run the setup program again and make sure to select the architectural option.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost