Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD MEP disappears on startup

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
854 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD MEP disappears on startup

Hi Everyone,

I've just installed trial copy of ACAD MEP 2010 parallel with my vanilla ACAD 2010 to see the suitability of the software for my company.

My AutoCAD installation is working OK, but every time I try to start ACAD MEP it starts loading application and then it suddenly disappears (I've checked task manager if it runs in background but it does not).

I run the applications on Windows Vista 32bit.

I tried to do a search on the issue but to no avail. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Andrzej
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Sounds like the cascade error ( [http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=13894457&linkID=9240817] ).

In short follow steps below (taken from above link):

WorkAround

The current workaround it to rename/remove the corrupt CascadeInfo.cas file following these steps.

Return any borrowed licenses
Check in any checked out licenses and exit all Autodesk products
Rename or delete the corrupt CascadeInfo.cas

The CascadeInfo.cas file can be found in the following locations:

Windows XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Autodesk\Adlm

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Adlm
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Hi,

Thanks for the tip, however, my installation is stand-alone not a network one. Despite this, I tried it but it didn't work - programme still crashes.

Andrzej
Message 4 of 4
robincapperrcd

Try clearing out project palettes related to ProjectProfiles. On Xp you'll find them at

C:\Documents and Settings\[USERNAME]\Application Data\Autodesk\{APPLICATION VERSION]\enu\Support\Profiles\ProjectProfiles

Vista/7 look for a similar ProjectProfiles folder in users. Delete the .aws files in this folder and see if it improves loading

Robin

AEC Collection & BIM 360 | Windows Surface Book & HP Z6 Workstation | Android Mobile

RobiNZ CAD Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost