Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD MEP Device DWGs

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ESS1228
585 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD MEP Device DWGs

I been having an issue where when i add an autocad default block to my tools pallete (ie: add a different type of switch to the list) it shows up as a black box after using the "Set Image from Selection".  I went to the directory (C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\MEP 2014\enu\MEPContent\USI\Electrical) to check the dwg's and all of the drawgs for device categories are blank.  Any idea how this could be, or how to solve my issue of black boxes on my tool pallete.  If i add an item from the tool pallete to one of these DWG's then set image from selection it no longer shows up as black box, so its something to do with those dwg's being blank.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
doni49
in reply to: ESS1228

There is a specific board set up for MEP issues.  You'll likely get a better response over there as a lot of the people here are going to be users of straight acad.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-MEP/bd-p/61

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 5
ESS1228

Thanks, I must have just overlooked it.  Was looking for it, but guess i was looking in the wrong place.  Maybe a moderator could relocate my thread so i don't have duplicate threads posted......

Message 4 of 5
pothied

What type of object are you adding to the tool palette? Are you adding a block, device, mvblock, etc? In AutoCAD MEP, switches are device objects but I don't know if you are just using a regular block instead of a device.

The Content source drawings (C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\MEP 2014\enu\MEPContent\USI\Electrical) are not empty. They contain the device style definitions that are used in AutoCAD MEP. The actual devices are just not inserted in the drawings - the definitions are just in the drawing.

Perhaps you can also attach a screen capture showing what you are seeing.

David Pothier

Message 5 of 5
VitalyF

Try saving the file before placing the block on a palette

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost