AutoCAD MEP General Discussion

AutoCAD MEP General Discussion

Contributor
fty6caddy2
Message 11 of 16 (467 Views)

Re: AutoCad MEP Bend Angle List

07-26-2012 11:36 AM in reply to: Joshua.Benoist

Joshua,

I am trying to simplify the process not add extra steps, rotating the ucs, cycling through the planes and moving the cursor around to the correct custom angle are way too many extra steps, especially when youre coordinating thousands of feet of pipe in a heavily congested hospital ceiling space. I will add our custom angles on the polar trackign menu but this will not work for us on rolled offsets. We will just continue manually inputting the custom angles and hope that Autodesk will bring  this feature back on future builds.

Thank you for your time and input,

Rick rios

awitt
Message 12 of 16 (447 Views)

08-01-2012 06:24 AM in reply to: fty6caddy2

Rick,

This is what I do.

I change the constant list in the catalog to include at least 15.0 and 22.5 in the bent section and the elbow part of each type of conduit. You have to regenerate the catalog.

Then when drawing a rolled bend, you have to change the UCS. Usually I will draw a line between the two ends and pick set the UCS to the object. Draw the conduit. Erase the line.

One thing though if the conduit justification is not the same like one is bottom center and the other center, Autocad will not like it. So I draw all my conduit center justified. It is harder to figure out how to align different sizes on the rack, but at least I can join the conduit together with bends and/or elbows.

Hope this helps.

Amy

*Expert Elite*
Keith.Brown
Message 13 of 16 (437 Views)

08-02-2012 01:37 PM in reply to: awitt

Have you tried using Autoconnect when you want to use a standard angle?  90, 60, 45, and 30 all work fine when using autoconnect.  If you need an angle other than that then you will have to use one of the previous mentioned methods.

Keith Brown AutoCAD MEP BLOG | RSS Feed
AutoCAD MEP 2014 | Revit 2014 | EastCoast CAD/CAM V6.1 | Visual Studio 2013
────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate. Thank you!
Contributor
scott.mccoy
Message 14 of 16 (306 Views)

07-18-2013 10:43 AM in reply to: fty6caddy2

Autodesk - you missed the whole intent of the question (at least how I took it) - can you add more bends to Out Of The Box list of bends?  It's a simple question, yes or no.  If yes, how and where?

I too would like to add to the common bend list - 10 & 22.5 degrees..  Yes you can work around missing angles by typing in the bend angle in the Properties dialog box (and then locking it if you want to make repeat bends).  Sadly though I have to repeat the process because AMEP doesn't remember what it would consider a custom angle.

Does your answer work - yes, but with much effort.

One other possible answer to the rolling offset with custom angles - click the plus on the end of the first pipe, if you know the angle you would like (one that is not OTB), type the angle in the "Bend Angle" box in the Properties dialog box and lock it, then click the end of the second pipe.  Using this method, you don't need to fool around with the compass plane.

Thanks.

Scott

*Expert Elite*
Keith.Brown
Message 15 of 16 (288 Views)

07-24-2013 09:33 AM in reply to: scott.mccoy

scott.mccoy wrote:

Autodesk - you missed the whole intent of the question (at least how I took it) - can you add more bends to Out Of The Box list of bends?  It's a simple question, yes or no.  If yes, how and where?

I don't work for Autodesk but i can answer the question anyway.  NO you cannot add any more bends to the list. 

Keith Brown AutoCAD MEP BLOG | RSS Feed
AutoCAD MEP 2014 | Revit 2014 | EastCoast CAD/CAM V6.1 | Visual Studio 2013
────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate. Thank you!
Contributor
scott.mccoy
Message 16 of 16 (285 Views)

07-24-2013 09:52 AM in reply to: Keith.Brown

Excellent.  Well, not really, but I appreciate the answer.

Now I wonder if Autodesk will ever make that a field that one could add to?  Sure would be nice, makes auto-routing a bit easier.

Thanks again.

Scott

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD MEP Category!

The AutoCAD MEP forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.