AutoCAD MEP General Discussion

AutoCAD MEP General Discussion

eciadam
Message 1 of 4 (1,164 Views)
Accepted Solution

AutoCAD MEP & Quickpen issue

1164 Views, 3 Replies
07-15-2010 05:03 AM

I am working with a contractor who is using quickpen 2010 to model plumbing. I am using AutoCAD MEP 2011. When i xref in the plumbing model i have a couple of issues:

1. the plumbing model will not render into a solid. it stays wire frame.

2. i can not snap to the objects of the plumbing model (for instance to ID the elevations). The model seems to come in as proxy object.

One way around the snapping issue is to explode the model before 'xref'ing it into my drawings. however this obviously does not solve the rendering problem. Does anyone have a solution for this?

I've tried to install a couple of quickpen viewers but with no luck.

Distinguished Contributor
joeself
Message 2 of 4 (1,158 Views)

Re: AutoCAD MEP & Quickpen issue

07-15-2010 09:38 AM in reply to: eciadam

Do you need object enablers for Quickpen objects?

eciadam
Message 3 of 4 (1,154 Views)

07-15-2010 10:27 AM in reply to: eciadam

i havent tried any object enablers for quickpen. Do you know where i can find it?

mail
Message 4 of 4 (602 Views)

08-04-2012 08:18 PM in reply to: eciadam

perhaps this link will help in obtaining the proper object enabler for your system.

http://www.quickpen.com/index.php/PD3D™-Viewers/

Fred Edelmaier

FJE Enterprises

www.fjeenterprises.com

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD MEP Category!

The AutoCAD MEP forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.