Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD MEP & QTO

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jaespinoza
869 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD MEP & QTO

Running some sample test to see what carries over into QTO from an AutoCAD MEP drawing. I have some Receptacles, and a few 2X4 lights with the OOTB Fixture Tag. None of the Electrical Properties seem to carry over. Is there missing step. All we are doing is changing the view to a model view, and saving it to DXF, importing it into QTO. We get Quantities, but the Properties Tab is blank, which is where the Electrical Properties should appear? 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
BrianSmith3315
in reply to: jaespinoza

I am also trying to establish a protocol for identity data so there is a description that is carried over to QTO for reporting/Estimating purposes.  Have you had any luck in the last few months?

Thanks for any assistance

Brian S. Smith

bsmith@oakcontracting.com

Maryland, US

Message 3 of 3
nfractals
in reply to: BrianSmith3315

I have a Mechanical estimator who is trying to do the same thing with 3D models. We have AutoCAD MEP exported 3d models which I am publishing to 3d dwfs and he is trying to do the take off in AQTO. However we cannot find any properties associated with the 3d model such as pipe dia or type of pipe (tee, elbow etc.)

I took the same model to navisworks and surprisingly I have all the properties there. I am wondering is there any loss of information when I convert these models to 3d dwfs or QTO doesnt read CAD 3d models at all.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost