AutoCAD MEP General Discussion

AutoCAD MEP General Discussion

Valued Contributor
mjmpe
Message 1 of 2 (336 Views)

AUTOCAD MEP 2013

336 Views, 1 Replies
12-07-2012 04:09 AM

I AM DRWG. WITH AUTOCAD MEP 2013. I AM NEW TO THIS PROGRAM, I AM DRWG WELDED PIPE AND WANT TO CUT IT UP FOR FAB PIECES, DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THIS PROGRAM ALLOWS FOR THE 1/8 WELD GAPS?

THANK YOU

*Expert Elite*
Keith.Brown
Message 2 of 2 (316 Views)

Re: AUTOCAD MEP 2013

12-08-2012 12:50 PM in reply to: mjmpe

Autocad MEP is not really setup to be a fabrication program.  That is not saying that it cannot be with a little setup.  First off you will need to check the dimensions of all of the fittings.  Some of them are incorrect or do not match a manufacturers specifications.  There are no manufacture specific fittings in autocad mep so you will probably want to create your own to validate the dimensions of your fittings.  This way you can also add any additional data to the fitting that a schedule can read.  Each fitting has what is called a connection enagement length or CEL.  This is the value that a pipe will insert into a fitting.  You can add a negative value to this so that the pipe will attach outside the fitting instead of inside of it.  Since each fitting and pipe will have this connection enagement length you will need to set it to 1/16" so that two of them together will equal 1/8".

Keith Brown AutoCAD MEP BLOG | RSS Feed
AutoCAD MEP 2014 | Revit 2014 | EastCoast CAD/CAM V6.1 | Visual Studio 2013
────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate. Thank you!
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD MEP Category!

The AutoCAD MEP forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.