Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD MEP 2013 SP1 is available: Joshua

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mdhutchinson
777 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCAD MEP 2013 SP1 is available: Joshua

I've been watching... SP1 is avaliable.

Joshua ... might you be able to tell me what hotfixes should be applied before / after SP1?

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=20556436&linkID=9240938

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
almighty0o0
in reply to: mdhutchinson

I've installed this service pack successfully on 2 machines.  On a third, however, I get an error that I can't seem to resolve.

Internal Error 2318. C;\Config.Msi\PT727.tmp

All I can click is "OK" and the service pack backs out.  It leaves AutoCAD MEP 2013 functional, but there doesn't seem to be anything I can do.

I found another thread, albeit an old one, on the same error number.  In it was a link to an MS KB on the error suggesting a reregistering of MSIEXEC, which I tried, but it failed to help.

(http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Internal-Error-2318-C-Config-Msi-at-install-tim...)

The target machine is running WIndows 7 Pro x64, the same as both successful machines.

Thoughts?  Suggestions?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Message 3 of 6
mdhutchinson
in reply to: almighty0o0

Based on your issue, this is a long shot

Two things you might try:

Set User Access Control to 'Never notify'

and, right click on the exe for the service pack and select 'Run As Administrator'

I'd be interested in hearing back if this works... although I am certain it will.

good luck

Message 4 of 6
almighty0o0
in reply to: mdhutchinson

I elevated the user's rights to local admin.  I walked him through disabling UAC.  After the reboot, I had him run as admin on the service pack.

Same error.

Short of completely blowing away AutoCAD and starting over, I have no ideas left.

Message 5 of 6
jpuck91
in reply to: almighty0o0

@almighty0o0 wrote:

I elevated the user's rights to local admin.  I walked him through disabling UAC.  After the reboot, I had him run as admin on the service pack.

Same error.

Short of completely blowing away AutoCAD and starting over, I have no ideas left.

I've had issues like that occasionally - usually seems that the original installation was corrupt for some reason. Only way I ever got it to work was by uninstalling & reinstalling. Usually that goes reasonably quick if most of your customizations can be applied by importing a profile or something else fairly simple.

There was one particular time a few years ago where the only thing that worked was to uninstall every Autodesk product from that machine, then manually go through the registry and remove every reference to Autocad/MEP/Revit/etc., then reinstall everything. That was a pain lol.

Message 6 of 6
almighty0o0
in reply to: jpuck91

Apparently, when AutoCAD MEP 2013 was installed for this user, it was run from an external drive holding an already-unpacked installer.

I had to uninstall the application, delete the fouled up unpack at C:\Autodesk, and rerun the self extractor.  Once the application was reinstalled the right way, the service pack went off without a hitch.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost