AutoCAD MEP General Discussion

AutoCAD MEP General Discussion

Valued Contributor
mjmpe
Message 1 of 2 (330 Views)

AUTOCAD MEP 2013-NO HELP??

330 Views, 1 Replies
12-08-2012 04:31 AM

JUST CURIOUS, I POSTED TWO PREVIOUS QUESTIONS THE OTHER DAY FOR HELP AND HAVE GOTTEN NO RESPONSE YET, ANY REASON WHY?..........I DO HAVE ANOTHER QUESTION THOUGH...I AM USING A TRIAL VERSION TILL IT RUNS OUT, THE COMPANY HAS PURCHASED THE PROGRAM AND I WILL BE INSTALLING IT IN A FEW DAYS BUT I AM TRYING TO DRAW SOME 6" PIPE AND LOOKING FOR A 6X3 RED TEE. IT IS NOT IN THE FITTING DIALOG BOX, CAN I ADD THIS FITTING AND IF SO, HOW DO I DO IT? OR IS IT BECAUSE ITS A TRIAL VERSION AND IT ONLY GOES UP TO 4"?

*Expert Elite*
Keith.Brown
Message 2 of 2 (322 Views)

Re: AUTOCAD MEP 2013-NO HELP??

12-08-2012 12:56 PM in reply to: mjmpe

The trial is a fully functional trial for 30 days.  You didnt mention what type of pipe you were trying to draw so I assumed that it was butt welded.  There is a 6x6x3 reducing tee in the out of the box catalog.  It is located in the Steel Pipe catalog under Butt Welded.  The name of the tee is Butt Welded - Reducing Tee.  Autodesk seperates their straight tees and their reducing tees, thus a 6x6x6 tee is in a different part than a 6x6x3 tee.  If you want to change this then you will need to consult the help files, google, Autodesk University, etc on how to use the content builder which is Autocad MEP's editor for all of it objects.

Keith Brown AutoCAD MEP BLOG | RSS Feed
AutoCAD MEP 2014 | Revit 2014 | EastCoast CAD/CAM V6.1 | Visual Studio 2013
────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate. Thank you!
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD MEP Category!

The AutoCAD MEP forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.