Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD MEP 2013 - creation of 3D animations of facilities for proposals

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
CADSheri
356 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD MEP 2013 - creation of 3D animations of facilities for proposals

I understand the basics regarding creating 3D animations (*.wmv) of our designs, but I have some questions I need answered by folks that do it more often than I do.

One of my main issues is that we do designs heavy with custom MV Parts - and alot of times, I have issues with those items showing up in the 3D animation.  You see them in the static 3D model View, but they don't show up in the preview or finished movie.

Anyone who can suggest some really good tutorials or online classes for me to take would be greatly appreciated, or someone who might mentor me on a few animations would be appreciated.  🙂

Thanks! 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Keith.Brown
in reply to: CADSheri

Can you provide a small sample drawing with the mvparts in it?  You mention that they were custom mvparts.  How did you create them?  Are they parametric or blockbased?  If they are blockbased did you create them using solids or surfaces?  While AutoCAD will let you create parts with surfaces it is not recommended as they do not work as well as solid based parts.

Message 3 of 3
CADSheri
in reply to: Keith.Brown

Hi, Keith,

My files are big, compared to what I can upload here for you to see.

In the current project, I had a structural and architectural background building file (3,482 KB), along with a process system file (33,810 KB).  I am attaching the building, and just a part of the process system file, along with an *wmv file which has the extension renamed to allow it to load.

All my custom MV Parts are created using the 3D solids.  I may have some 3D solids in the files, too, as we create things on the fly, and don't make them into MV Parts until after the "crunch" of initial design is over.

These were left in 2D wire view while being made into a animation in conceptual view.

Thanks in advance for any help!  🙂

Sheri

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost