Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad-MEP 2012 Start up problems

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
narragansett
470 Views, 1 Reply

AutoCad-MEP 2012 Start up problems

I am a new learner but your help has been great. When starting a new project I usually open AutoCad 2013 and open a template drawing, Xref in the background firel that I need to draw piping on, then save it, close it and open the file with AutoCad MEP. When I do that I can set up for Piping but cannot choose the piping style. 2 line, One line, 2 line 3D etc.

The drop down menu does not open for me. I am sure it is a simple fix but I cannot find it. Any help would be great.

H. Pitts

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Keith.Brown
in reply to: narragansett

When creating your drawing using Autocad 2013 you need to make sure that you are starting with a MEP template.  Otherwise all of your styles and display settings will not be there.

Just a quick question, why use vanila autocad at all?  MEP has the exact same ability as vanila autocad.  Anything you can do in vanilia autocad you can do in MEP.  If you start your drawing setup with MEP then you should not have any problems as long as you start with a template designed to work with MEP.  They can be found here: 

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\MEP 2013\enu\Template

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost