AutoCAD MEP General Discussion

AutoCAD MEP General Discussion

Contributor
narragansett
Message 1 of 2 (292 Views)

AutoCad-MEP 2012 Start up problems

292 Views, 1 Replies
05-29-2012 02:08 PM

I am a new learner but your help has been great. When starting a new project I usually open AutoCad 2013 and open a template drawing, Xref in the background firel that I need to draw piping on, then save it, close it and open the file with AutoCad MEP. When I do that I can set up for Piping but cannot choose the piping style. 2 line, One line, 2 line 3D etc.

The drop down menu does not open for me. I am sure it is a simple fix but I cannot find it. Any help would be great.

H. Pitts

*Expert Elite*
Keith.Brown
Message 2 of 2 (289 Views)

Re: AutoCad-MEP 2012 Start up problems

05-29-2012 02:46 PM in reply to: narragansett

When creating your drawing using Autocad 2013 you need to make sure that you are starting with a MEP template.  Otherwise all of your styles and display settings will not be there.

Just a quick question, why use vanila autocad at all?  MEP has the exact same ability as vanila autocad.  Anything you can do in vanilia autocad you can do in MEP.  If you start your drawing setup with MEP then you should not have any problems as long as you start with a template designed to work with MEP.  They can be found here: 

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\MEP 2013\enu\Template

Keith Brown AutoCAD MEP BLOG | RSS Feed
AutoCAD MEP 2014 | Revit 2014 | EastCoast CAD/CAM V6.1 | Visual Studio 2013
────────────────────────────────────
⁞|⁞ Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Give Kudos as appropriate. Thank you!
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD MEP Category!

The AutoCAD MEP forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.