Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD MEP 2012 Slow Deleting

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mepsolutions
756 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD MEP 2012 Slow Deleting

Does anybody know how to make AutoCAD MEP 2012 delete things 'All in one go' rather than deleting everything individually.

I.E when I press delete I want eveyrthing I've selected to dissapear immediately

not each item to be deleted individually which takes a while.

I have compared AutoCAD 2012 & AutoCAD MEP 2012 and it only happens on AutoCAD MEP 2012.

Help?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dennis
in reply to: mepsolutions

PICKFIRST = 1 , yours is probably set to 0 (zero)

Message 3 of 5
mepsolutions

Hi

tried that and that didn't sort out the issue

Message 4 of 5
dennis

So, let me make sure I understand what is happening.  You can select a bunch of stuff, hit delete and they will all delete, but noticably just one at a time.  Correct?  Very odd behavior.  Experiment: in a new empty dwg, can you draw a bunch of lines, select them all and delete, and still get the same slow delete or is it in exisiting dwgs? 

One thought: a while back I ran into a set of dwgs that had some sort of corruption going on with the LayerFilters.  In this case, we couldn't even open the LayerMgr, so had to set LayerFilterAlert to 3 so that when the dwg was opened we would get a separate dialog to delete the LayerFilters.  Just a thought of a possibility.

Message 5 of 5
mepsolutions
in reply to: dennis

Yeah thats whats happening and when you have to delete a few hundred items it can take a while.

I'm using AutoCad MEP 2012 & normal AutoCad 2012 however the delete problem only happens on AutoCad MEP 2012.

I've tried drawing items and deleting them in one of  Autocad's 'standard' templates rather than my own customised template owever the problem still happens.

Its strange - I thought it might be some sort of refresh issue - like Autocad MEP is refreshing after deleteing but just not sure

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost