Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD MEP 2012 - Application Crashes 3D

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
zcain85
484 Views, 1 Reply

AutoCAD MEP 2012 - Application Crashes 3D

Hi,

Firstly I'd like to apologise if I use the wrong terminology, I don't actually work with AutoCAD myself.

I have a client that is experiencing degraded performance and application crashes when working in 3D in AutoCAD MEP 2012.

Specifically when attempting to rotate objects.

He is running a HP Z400 Workstation with:

3.07 GHz Intel Xeon

12 GB of RAM

Nvidia Quadro 4000 2 GB

I have tested all the hardware and have not been able to find a fault.

I even replaced the graphics card.

UAC is turned off.

I have installed the latest service pack for AutoCAD MEP 2012.

I have downloaded and installed the latest approved Nvidia drive from the AutoCAD website.

My client is working locally, saving his work to the local C: drive.

We have check the .DWG file for corruptions as outline here: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=18809891&linkID=9240617

I have attempted opening the file on another workstation with AutoCAD MEP 2012 installed and experienced the same degraded performance.

Is this an issue with AutoCAD’s handling of 3D Graphics?

Is there anything I can do to stop the application crashes from occurring?

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jcleghorn
in reply to: zcain85

Most of the detailers I know from the different trades use Navis in conjunction with ACAD MEP. I usually select an Item I need to modify in 3D and isolate it and work with it alone in 3D. If you try to spin a large 3D model the machines just can't keep up with the calculations, IMO, and that's where Navis comes in. I think the machine your client has will run the program fine and model fine, just don't expect more from the machines than possible. Remember, everytime a 3D model is rotated in 3D, the point calculations are trying to figure it all out. A different way to work with the model should help, IMO.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost