Community
AutoCAD MEP Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD MEP Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD MEP topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD MEP 2012 and 2013 !!! PROBLEM !!!

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
870 Views, 1 Reply

AutoCAD MEP 2012 and 2013 !!! PROBLEM !!!

Hello,

In my office, we are about 5-6 working on a big project using AutCAD MEP 2012. Now over the middle of the week one of those station got change and my computer tech installed AutoCAD MEP 2013. I am the CAD Manager of this place and i wasent told that he was changed. Last friday the technicien working with the AutoCAD MEP 2013 worked on 4-5 DWG and now those drawings can't be open using the others station without loosing all of the mep related objects ( ducts, diffusers, soo on...) Now we arent rdy to change all of the others stations to AutoCAD MEP 2013 and this project needs to be completed by the end of the week. Is there anything we can do to the others station in other to get it to work with the drawings saved in 2013 ???? (addons or something) ?????

Any helps would be welcome,

Thank you.

Ed

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Heads will role! (My eyes are rolling;)

It's obvious objects loose their functionality when going to a down version, in fact, the objects are just lost when converting from 13 to 12 (10-12). You can save the 3d objects as solids if that helps. If you export in plan view from 13 to version 10, all objects are flattened. If you export from isometric view from 13 to 10, at least you can have the objects converted to 3d solids. Hope that helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost